Suicide Silence Guitarist Announces Record Deal With Nuclear Blast Entertainment

Suicide Silence has been announced as the first band to sign on with Nuclear Blast Entertainment: the new division of Nuclear Blast records formed by Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger and former Roadrunner A&R chief, Monte Conner.

 

The band’s guitarist Mark Heylmun made the announcement earlier today (September 10): “I and all of Suicide Silence are proud to announce that we have signed a worldwide deal with the one and only Nuclear Blast. It wasn’t a tough decision, Nuclear Blast has been a huge part of heavy metal for decades and we couldn’t be happier. This is a new beginning for us and we’re ready as all hell! Let Chapter 2 begin now!”
 
Both Conner and Staiger also released statements regarding the Suicide Silence signing.
 
Conner said that he expected big things to come: “I am thrilled to have such an innovative and unique band like Suicide Silence as the first signing to Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Even though I was totally blown away by their last album, ‘The Black Crown,’ I am certain the band’s best music is still ahead of them.”
 
Staiger admitted he had been a Suicide Silence fan from the beginning: “I’ve been following Suicide Silence since their debut album and immediately grew to love their music,” he said. “I knew we had to work with this amazing band and today is the day to finally welcome one of the most brutal bands on Earth to the Nuclear Blast family. The next Suicide Silence album will no doubt push boundaries once again.”
 
Suicide Silence’s Nuclear Blast Entertainment debut is tentatively scheduled for a Summer 2013 release.
 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*